Does Mold Ever Go Away?
The rotting forest is not likely your preferred home fragrance in Englewood, CO. There probably isn’t even a scented candle for that smell anyway; however, when black mold is present, the earthy, decaying odor persists. Does mold cleanup completely get rid of the problem?
Mold in the Environment
Mold is a natural part of the environment. Outdoors, mold is not the enemy:
• In a forest, organic matter litters the woodland floor. Mold assists in breaking down the matter and benefits the environment.
• Mold is everywhere in the form of microscopic spores in the air. It cannot completely be removed, as it is part of nature. Spores take hold and grow rapidly when exposed to humid conditions.
Mold in Your Home
Although mold may be helpful in a forest, it certainly is not welcome in your home:
• Even though mold is unwanted, it is impossible to remove all spores from the air inside of your house. It is considered remediated when the level of mold reaches an acceptable level.
• Immediately address any visible mold in your house. If you smell a musty odor, it is possible that the mold is hidden in walls, floors, or insulation and requires mold cleanup. Without remediation, it continues to quickly spread throughout the house causing significant damage.
• Mold remediation specialists are trained in proper inspection and safety procedures. They use specialized equipment to remove any black mold, discard infected materials, contain the area, and filter the air. The remaining structures and contents are cleaned and restored.
• Resolve the source of the water problem because, without moisture, a normal level of spores in the air should not pose a serious threat to you or your home.
All types of mold, including black mold, are a part of the natural environment in Englewood, CO. However, the benefits of mold growth outdoors are not needed, nor welcomed, in your home. Mold remediation contains and rids your home of active mold growth while returning the air to a pleasant odor.